Communications Intern neededBy knulm • Mar 3rd, 2010 • Category: Internship
OPEN DOORS USA INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Open Doors Communications Intern Department: Communication
Reports To: Vice President of Communication Services Status: Intern
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Coordinate designated projects to ensure that the objectives for various design and marketing projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters. In addition, this position will help support the administrative needs of the ODUSA Communications team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the development, production, and management of advertisements, brochures, marketing and video projects
· Participates in strategic planning sessions for print projects and video campaigns.
· Liaison with video production company to provide them the resources required to execute approved jobs.
· Well-organized, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects.
· Detail-oriented with editing and proofing skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Spiritually mature Christian with the desire to serve the Persecuted Church.
· Creative skills helpful.
· Intermediate computer skills including experience with Word, Outlook, and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be currently enrolled as a college or university student studying communications
10 to 12 hours per week – 3 months or longer – All Semesters
· School credit
· Increased knowledge of persecuted Church
· Experience in non-profit work environment
· Develop professional communication skills
Volunteer Program Coordinator